Monday, 25 January 2010

A new (if only temporary) home.

 

beinghumans2b On Friday the removal truck turned up at our house and has taken everything back to the UK – sob.  We don’t even have a house back in England yet, so all our stuff is going into storage until we find somewhere.

Happily we are now staying with my parents so I am making the most of having my mum make cups of tea, doing my washing, and generally being a child again.  It’s true, I never imagined I would be thirty, pregnant, with husband and daughter, and living back at my parents house again (and I’m sure neither did my parents!), but I am reminding myself that this is only a temporary blip and life will move forward again very soon.

But wow is the television good at the moment.  There are literally too many good shows on and not enough time to watch them (especially as I can barely make it past ten pm these days…)  We have 24, Brothers and Sisters, Grey’s Anatomy, and also new series of Being Human and The Vampire Diaries.

Now I have not watched the first series of Being Human (my husband draws the line with my taste in television shows here), but I have heard good things about it. And my lovely mother has put it on series link – another bonus to be living here!  For those who don’t know anything about the show it is about a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost all sharing a flat together and, well, trying to be human!  Sounds good to me!

I also had another review out on Alone this weekend at http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-alone.html. I was so pleased that she did not see it as a run-of-the-mill vampire romance, though I hope she did not find it too dark.  Something I touched upon in an earlier blog was about genres and how trying to fit a novel into a certain genre can be misleading.  Though I have always thought of Alone as a vampire-romance, it is not fluffy stuff and I think sweet may have been a little shocked at the books content!

M. x

No comments:

Post a Comment