Friday, 24 September 2010

Some Vampire News…

If anyone out there has read Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan’s brilliant vampire novel, The Strain, you will be excited to know that the much anticipated sequel entitled The Fall, is now available to buy. I have a copy in my TBR list (only my mother is in line to read it first – grrrr) and it looks as good as the first.

Here’s the blurb:

Humans have been displaced at the top of the food chain, and now understand – to their outright horror – what it is to be not the consumer, but the consumed.

Ephraim Goodweather, director of the New York office of the Centers for Disease control, is one of the few humans who understands what is really happening. Vampires have arrived in New York City, and their condition is contagious. If they cannot be contained, the entire world is at risk of infection.

As Eph becomes consumed with the battle against the total corruption of humanity, his ex-wife, Kelly, now a vampire herself, is ever-more determined to claim their son, Zack.

As the Biblical origins of the Ancient ones are gradually revealed, Eph learns that there is a greater, more terrible plan in store for the human race – worse even than annihilation…

Sounds good, huh? And if you are a fan, and in the US, then Guillermo del Toro is currently touring to promote the novel. You can find details of the tour here! 

TDMpreview A bit closer to home, I can now bring you a preview of the cover for the vampire anthology, Their Dark Masters. I think Mark (the editor) had really taken the ‘master vampire’ look to another level. He could have gone down the traditional route, but I think this picture really grabs the attention! What are your thoughts?

Hopefully, Their Dark Masters will be available either Christmas 2010, or early 2011. Lets hope for Christmas as it would make a great stocking filler for any vampire fans out there!  I’ll be sure to keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. He'll be in LA on 10/3, and I'll go there after seeing LET ME IN...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooo jealous, Zahir! You couldn't get me an autograph?!!! LOL. Tell him I loved Pan's Labyrith as well!

    ReplyDelete