Tuesday 6 September 2011

Free Read Published and an Anthology Acceptance!

I just found out my short story, Adeline, has been accepted by Angelic Knight Press for their latest anthology, Satan's Toybox: Demonic Dolls.

I've always found those old porcelain dolls to be super freaky. As a child, I crept downstairs and read one of my mother's horror books by the light of the fish tank (this was a regular occurrence for me and I wondered why I suffered from night terrors) and one of the books I found had a story about a whole heap of puppets who stuck needles into people until they became a puppet as well. I've no idea what this story was called or who wrote it, but it left a lasting impression. When I had the opportunity to write a doll story myself, I couldn't resist. I'll keep you up-to-date about the publication.

My other piece of news is that my prequel to Alone, The Vengeful Vampire, is now free to download from Smashwords. If you'd like to know how Sebastian was turned, this is the read for you!

3 comments:

  1. Great story, Marissa! Angelic Knight is sooo glad to have you in our family with this anthology! This will be a great Halloween adventure into horror. Woo, hoo!

    Great news on your prequel as well. I loved "Alone."

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the news on the Free Read, Marissa -- off to download!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both! So sweet of you to say!

    ReplyDelete