Monday 20 February 2012

May the Editing Commence!

I'm super excited today (and a little hung over, but that's a whole other story!). Today I've started on edits for the third book in my 'Serenity' series, 'Captured'. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly and no huge plot holes will leap up and bite me on the ass! I was really happy with how the book turned out in the end, so as long as nothing unexpected happens, I'm still on for the book to be released at the end of March.

Because I'm feeling motivated at the moment, I'm aiming to complete about two chapters a day. Of course, then the book will need another go over, and then will be sent to my editor, who will send it back, and I'll then send it back to her... You can see the pattern forming! As much as I'm enthusiastic about the book right now, I'm pretty sure I'll hate the sight of it by the end of March!

At the same time, I'm also working on my Young Adult novel, 'Enchanted', which is a spin off of the 'Serenity' series. Those of you who've read the books can probably guess which little lady I'm basing the new books around. I'm pretty sure her half-vampire genetics will lead to some interesting story-lines.

4 comments:

  1. All sounding pretty good. Looking forward to reading both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa, my dear friend, you're a machine!! I just don't know how you do it. Keep 'em coming! It seems to me that the only author who produces more books than you is James Patterson, and I won't be shocked one of these days when I see your names together on the same book!!
    Much success with those edits.
    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAITING, WAITING, WAITING Did I mention I was waiting lol Im soooo excited c'mon March hurry up and get here. I just started the Dark Hunter Series but will drop it the second this comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Carol! I'm sorry I'm keeping you waiting! Not too much longer though. After an initial blip, I'm making good time with the edits now and starting to enjoy the process again. Just hoping now that all you guys will enjoy it as much as the first two. I really, really hope you do!!!

    James - you obviously missed my comment in the previous post about James Patterson! I can promise I write my own books!

    Glynis - you know you'll be one of the first to read this one. X

    ReplyDelete