Friday, 27 July 2012

Gone Fishing!

The local beach in Chiclana, Spain
Not literally, of course! No, instead I'm heading off at a ridiculously early hour tomorrow morning to catch a flight with my two girls over to my parents house in Spain. While there, I'm planning on lazing around by the pool, eating lots of tapas and drinking lots of Sangria, while my parents take care of my kids (I'm kidding, Mum, honest!).

Last year, I took my laptop and only opened it once, so this year I'm leaving it at home. Instead, I'm taking my lovely kindle, which is currently crammed full of TBR books, and a brand new notepad. I'm planning on working out some details of a new series idea that has recently inspired me, and maybe even a short story or two!

As for the projects I'm leaving here, well I know everyone is waiting to hear news about the next Serenity book! The  good news is that the first draft is almost done. I've literally just got the final few chapters to write. However, I don't plan on going back to the book until my next novel, Underlife, has been published. I want to be able to focus purely on the Serenity book and I've needed to spend the last month rounding off some open projects. I'm still on for an October release of Dominion though - so don't panic!

So I won't be around for a while, but I will still be checking in (yes, they do have the Internet in Spain!). Hope you all have a great couple of week - I know I will! :-)

2 comments:

  1. So looking forward to looking after the girls!!!! Whilst you do all the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing the cooking, M. *laughs* Enjoy that vacay, my friend. I am now on vacation as well. Thank, God! The combination of the dreaded day job and trying to get back on my writing feet was threatening to put a hole in my stomach!
    See you when you get back. *waves*

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete