Wednesday, 28 November 2012

The Next Big Thing!

No, this isn't me blowing my own trumpet! I was tagged by the very lovely Libby Fischer to take part in the latest blog hop craze which seems to be sweeping through the blogging world, to answer a few questions about my latest WIP. At the end of these questions, I will tag a few more people to continue the hop. So here goes...

1) What is the title of your next book?

Autumn's Blood - Book One of the Spirit Shifters Saga

2) Where did the idea come from for the book?

The initial idea came from a dream, though the details of that dream allude me now. I just remember dreaming about people who had spirit guides in the form of animals. I've wanted to write a werewolf story for a while now, but wanted to put an original spin on it, and these two ideas just clicked together.

3) What genre does your book fall under?

Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy

4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a
movie rendition?

Ooh, I love this question. It always helps me get the image of my characters straight in my head as well. There are two main characters, but I can't help but mention a couple of the other characters as well as they play a big part and some of the book is told from their POVs.


Doctor Autumn Anderson played by Charlize Theron




Blake Wolfcollar played by 'The Rock'



Chogan Pallaton played by  Rick Mora



Mia Henderson played by Rachel Bilson






















5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

One sentence - that's so hard!

A scientist with an ancient legacy, and a man hiding from his past, fight to stop a Government Agency from using the paranormal to create an army to conquer the world.

6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

This will be self-published unless I get an amazing offer for the rights to the series!

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

The first draft is pretty much done and was my NaNoWriMo project so took me a month, though I started planning it at the start of the summer! I'm hoping to have it polished by February and edited out and published by March

8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I really have no idea!

9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?

As I said before, I wanted to write a werewolf story, which I hoped would be the start to a new series. I wanted to make this series as different from the Serenity Series as possible, so while the Serenity series is essentially about three people, (Serenity, Sebastian, and Elizabeth) this series has multiple characters, government agencies, and is on a much bigger scale.

10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?

I hope this will be the start of a five book series. The first three books are already planned!


And now for my time to tag other authors! I'm going to be tagging  Belinda Frisch, JoAnne Kenrick, Nickie Asher, and Cassie Rae!

3 comments:

  1. animal spirit guides! WOOT how cool, and unique for a shifter story. Looking forward to reading xxx Oh..here's my Next Best Thing post xxx which is also a shifter story, fancy that? Thanks for the tag! http://britauthor.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-next-best-thing-sealed-with-kiss.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! The book is written now and patiently waiting for me to start some serious edits very soon! I'm excited to watch it shape up into (hopefully) a great start to my new series!

    ReplyDelete